Sub-Saharan Africa is home to many of the most well-known flavors in the world, including cocoa, tea, coffee, vanilla and cinnamon. In addition, tropical fruits, fresh seafood and delicious grains are enjoyed throughout the continent.
This 28-page booklet contains recipes, African food facts and instructions for how to plan and host a “Flavors of Africa” event. Attendees can sample Sub-Saharan Africa’s unique and delicious flavors while praying for unreached peoples, learning about needs and getting involved in missions.
Potential ideas include:
- an event before of after a church service, prayer meeting, Bible study or small group
- a kick-off to a missions conference
- an introduction to your church’s partnership with Africa
- a recruitment event for mission trips
- a kid-friendly version for children’s programs
- a small gathering in your home or dorm